Through the wonder of Google Analytics, we, as blog owners, can monitor what posts or pages are popular on our blogs. It helps us to gauge what type of content is of interest to our audience. Continually reviewing and analyzing metrics related to your blog is one of the jobs of a successful blog owner. Talk to any successful blog owner and they will tell you historically what were their most popular posts. This goes hand-in-hand with the old adage that says:
“You can’t improve what you don’t measure.”
So I would like to share with you my Top 5 pages and welcome you to read them. So let’s get on with it.
- 5 Important Benefits of Time Management for Students – This was a guest post by Adrienne Carlson and ended up being my most viewed page each month. It details 5 benefits that come with a student managing their time. This post also highlights the benefits of guest posting on another blog. If your post is popular, you will continue to get more and more exposure.
- Why I left SquareSpace for WordPress – When I started my blog I used a blogging platform called SquareSpace. I loved it but it lacked much of the functionality I saw out there in WordPress blogs. Also, I found the SquareSpace support unparalleled which made it really difficult for me to leave. But, through the assistance of a WordPress consultant, I was able to convert all of my historical posts over to my new WordPress theme. To be honest, it was the best thing I could’ve done and I’m very happy on WordPress. But, if you are contemplating such a conversion you may be interested in this post.
- 5 Parental Tips for Dealing with College Separation Anxiety – In the past year, my wife and I have had to deal with living away from our eldest who left us for college. We found some fairly simple steps in dealing with this life-changing event. If you are a parent facing such an event, I’m sure you will enjoy reading this post.
- Cubicle Bliss: 10 Steps to create an inspiring workspace – I have been living in a cubicle for many years as a full-time employee. I put together 10 tips that just may help you live in this world a little more positively and enjoyably. I hope you can take some of these tips and incorporate them into your working cubicle life.
- A Whimsical Depiction of Student Life – This is an image which has become extremely popular and gets a lot of hits from Pinterest and elsewhere. As I mentioned I am not sure of the origin and cannot take credit for this image but people find it extremely amusing.