(Update: Any link within this article points to the Lifetime Tioga which is essentially the exact same as the Lifetime Tahoma. I asked the manufacturer this question: “The Lifetime Tioga appears to be IDENTICAL to the Lifetime Tahoma. Am I right? Is the Tioga simply a re-branding of the Lifetime Tahoma?” Their response: “The Tahoma is about an inch wider than the Tioga. Other than that, they are the same.”)
I’m always looking for a way to expand my fitness options. I’ve created my own home gym in my shed and have furnished it with many different pieces of equipment such as my XMark seated calf machine for home, York STS flat-to-incline bench, York Barbell Pro Series 204 Support, and my Fisup Dumbbell Rack. But I believe it’s important to do more than just weightlifting.
My wife and I recently got into kayaking and purchased 2 Lifetime 100 Sit-on-Top kayaks at a local Walmart. Due to the pandemic, finding kayaks was a real struggle but my wife was able to find these sit-on-top kayaks so we immediately told the Walmart representative on the phone to hold them for us.
So we hopped in my GMC Sierra truck and headed over to the Walmart which is about 30 minutes away. There were already a couple of other customers waiting to buy their own kayaks so it appears we got there just in time. They fit perfectly in the bed of my truck side-by-side with the tailgate down and took them home.
This was roughly 3 months ago and we’ve been enjoying them almost every day in a lake basically right across the street from our house. We never had used sit-on-top kayaks in the past but have used the type that essentially have a hole into which you have to get into without flipping over.
The sit-on-top kayaks are so much easier to get into in comparison to the traditional kayaks. This happens to be my favorite feature of these kayaks but I’ll get more into that in my youTube video further down below.
- Length: 10 ft. (304.8 cm)
- Width: 31 in. (78.7 cm)
- Weight: 50 lb. (22.7 kg)
- Maximum Capacity: 275 lb. (124.7 kg)
- UV-Protected: Kayak will not fade or crack
- Construction: Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Adjustable quick-release seat back for comfort
- Hatch for added storage beneath the deck. Storage extends the full length of the boat.
- Design provides stability and tracking
- Multiple footrests for different height paddlers
- Bungee cord lacing on front and back of kayak to secure loose items
- Front and read t-handles for easy transport
- Two water bottle holders
- Handles on either side of paddler can be used to move the kayak or secure the kayak for transport.
- Paddle keeper cord to secure your paddle for transport.
- Heavy duty paddle comes with each kayak
I created a YouTube video that details all of the features seen above. It also shows me paddling the Lifetime 100 Tahoma Sit-on-Top kayak. You are also welcome to subscribe to my TotallyUniqueLife YouTube channel. I’d also appreciate a like on the video below!
If you’ve never tried a sit-on-top kayak before don’t let the strange flat top of the kayak concern you. They are easy to get into, very stable, and they move quickly in the water. You really cannot go wrong with a Lifetime 100 Sit-on-Top kayak. We bought 2 and we’re glad we did. It gives us a chance to get away from the world and relax in a peaceful setting.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comments of the video or below. You can also use my Contact Me page.